NOTICE: The Gospel Echoes outdoor worship services this weekend July 24th and 25th have been postponed due to health precautions (team member’s head colds) Rescheduled dates TBA.
Register for in-person worship on Sunday mornings anytime by contacting Lisa at email@example.com or by calling 519-655-6824. Please indicate which Sunday you are registering for and who will be attending with you. If Lisa is unable to take your call, leave a message that includes your name and phone number. Your registration will then be confirmed either by email or phone. Deadline to register each week is Saturday by 10 a.m.
EZMC Building Use for Committee Meetings.
A designated meeting space that allows for physical distancing will be located in the basement. The boardroom and other small rooms are closed for now. Please contact Lisa and book the meeting space to ensure that it is available for use. You will be sent the health and safety protocols before your meeting.
We will be printing an updated EZMC Church Family Photo and Address Directory in September 2021.
· If you moved or have a new phone number since the printing of the Church Directory update page (early 2021) and have not given your updated information to the church office, please do so.
· If you were not in the last directory (printed January 2020) but would now like to be included please contact the church office. We would love to see updated photos! Please send to Lisa, preferably in digital form (jpeg) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a photo you would like her to scan, make arrangements to drop off and she will return to you. These photos can be casual. If you are submitting a photo please remember that professional photos are subject to copyright so permission would be needed from the photographer to include.
· Deadline to submit is September 8, 2021.
· Please note that we encourage every person or family unit to submit a photo. The gathering restrictions of the last year have reminded us how difficult it is for newer persons to our congregation to get to know people. A picture in a directory helps so much, and is so welcoming! As Lloyd continues to get to know us, and as we anticipate welcoming a new pastor in the Fall, an updated photo directory with pictures of everyone will be a wonderful gift. Thank you so much for your willingness to submit a photo! It is very much appreciated!
EZMC’s Safe Church Policy requires that all volunteers, who work with vulnerable persons, have a current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) on file. Thank you to all who volunteer with these ministries.
· If you received a Volunteer packet prior to the pandemic and completed the process with your local police service but didn’t have a chance to hand in your VSC form to the church office – please do so now. If you received a packet but didn’t have a chance to start the process prior to the pandemic please contact Lisa to receive a new Volunteer packet as many processes changed in the last year.
· If you have any questions about EZMC’s Safe Church Policy please contact a member of the Safe Church Committee (Marlow Gingerich, Dana Hyde, Susan Schmitz, or Melanie Wiegand)
The 2021 Camp Subsidy Form is now available and you can complete and return to Dawn Zehr either by email (email@example.com) or mail (657173 15th line, R.R.#1 Tavistock, ON N0B 2R0). Please note that this year no funds will be sent until camps can confirm their programming depending on Covid-19 restrictions in place. Forms are available by contacting Lisa Suderman either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (519-655-6824). Paper copies can be mailed to you if needed. If you have any questions please contact one of the Christian Education Lay Ministers – Bethany Kropf or Dana Hyde.
MCC@100: Mennonites, Service, and the Humanitarian Impulse
September 30 – October 2, 2021
Since 1920, MCC has brought together a variety of Mennonite groups to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable. Join us online as we discuss Mennonites’ response to the biblical call to love one’s neighbor through practical acts of service.
As we grieve the growing number of unmarked graves at residential schools across Canada, we are doing a special early release of our first episode of Undercurrents, Season 2. In this episode we talk about the Mennonite church’s participation in the residential school system. We hear from Merle, a former residential school worker who has spent the majority of his adult life working to be accountable for that legacy, and encouraging fellow Christians and settlers to hold themselves accountable, too.
Grow Hope Niagara
Become a virtual farmer by partnering with CFGB and MCC to sponsor acres through Grow Hope Niagara and raise funds to help hungry people around the world. Your $400 per acre sponsorship can become up to $2000 through government matching. More info at mcco.ca/grow-hope.
Raw Carrot soup now available at New Hamburg Thrift Centre
The Raw Carrot is excited to announce that our soup is available for sale at New Hamburg Thrift Centre! As an MCC Ontario program, The Raw Carrot provides a compassionate workplace to people on long term disability. Our healthy soups are handcrafted in small batches, packed with tasty veggies and free of added preservatives. Fresh ingredients are sourced as locally as possible. Our staff are “stirring up” change with their delicious, handcrafted gourmet soup!” Soup can be purchased at MCC Thrift & Gift in Elmira, Thrift on Kent in Kitchener and now at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre.