Happy Thanksgiving Weekend! Give thanks!
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!…
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
5 For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations. (Psalm 100)
As we enter into Thanksgiving weekend I invite us to pause and ponder the faithfulness, goodness and steadfast love of our God. I invite us to give thanks!
To give thanks for God’s faithfulness expressed through God’s goodness, love, grace, courage, wisdom, endurance, strength, healing, hope, peace, comfort… and so much more.
I invite us to give thanks for the gift of the church; the community of God’s people that make up our family of faith at East Zorra.
I express my thanks to God for each of you!
Thank you for:
- faithfully reading our pastoral letters and announcement sheets
- weekly or regularly connecting for worship through Zoom
- praying together, and pursuing God’s will together, for the life of the church
- eagerly returning to our building as that has been possible for you
- faithfully giving of your financial resources to support the ministry of the church
- loyally serving each other by offering your various gifts in worship planning and leading, in technical support, in visioning, preparing and offering programming and doing ministry
- extending God’s love to one another and the broader community
- engaging conversation and helping to spur/encourage the leadership on
- regularly praying for your pastors, lay ministers, other leaders and each other
- responding to poll questions and taking the initiative to engage in conversation as we keeping working to further re-open our building and continue our ministries
- And the list could go on!
For these things, and for much more, I give thanks!
In the Apostle Paul’s letter to the church at Colossi he writes:
6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,continue to live your lives in him, 7 rootedand built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught,and overflowing with thankfulness. (Colossians 2)
May we overflow with thankfulness this weekend, and every day of our lives, for God’s goodness, and for each other!
With thankfulness overflowing in our hearts may we keep seeking to be a church that is,
Rooted in Christ Growing Together in Faith Extending God’s Love