Resources to help us to stay Rooted in Christ and Growing together in Faith
As we move through summer we will begin to merge together the weekly Pastoral Letter and the Announcement Sheet. We are committed to keep sharing weekly emails with announcement updates, prayer concerns, notes of joy, Jean’s Jottings & Tidbits and pastoral reflections. The format going forward may look a bit different and will evolve along the way. While Lisa our office administrator will pull more of the information together please feel free to keep sharing prayer concerns, or other personal notes, with Ray, Jean and Lloyd. We want to keep the communication flowing.
Sunday August 15th 10:30 a.m.
EZMC Outdoor Service at the Queen’s Park Pavilion in Tavistock.
There will be no zoom service this morning. You are encouraged to linger afterwards and have lunch, so please bring a bag lunch and your own water bottle, and the Congregational Life Committee will top this with ice cream bars & popsicles. Also, don’t forget your lawn chairs, and choose to sit outside, or under the pavilion. Please register as usual with Lisa so we can respect social distance guidelines in the pavilion. Masks are recommended.
We are planning to record the service and will upload it to the website early in the week.
We look forward to many of you joining us in Queen’s Park Pavilion in Tavistock for our outdoor service this week. If you are unable to join us there we invite you to worship along with others across Canada and join the Nationwide Summer Worship Services.
Mennonite Church Canada is coordinating worship services this summer and they are available at mennonitechurch.ca/worshipservices.
This Sunday August 15, 2021 the Eigenheim Mennonite Church in Rosthern Saskatchewan will be hosting the service.
Register for Sunday morning in-person worship, anytime during the week, by contacting Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate which Sunday you are registering for and who will be attending with you. If Lisa is unable to take your call, leave a message that includes your name and phone number. Your registration will then be confirmed either by email or phone. Deadline to register each week is Saturday by 10 a.m.
Extending God’s Love
We extend God’s love in the world as we share with each other both our struggles and our joys!
EZMC Building Use for Committee Meetings.
A designated meeting space that allows for physical distancing will be located in the basement. The boardroom and other small rooms are closed for now. Please contact Lisa and book the meeting space to ensure that it is available for use. You will be sent the health and safety protocols before your meeting.
EZMC’s Safe Church Policy requires that all volunteers, who work with vulnerable persons, have a current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) on file. Thank you to all who volunteer with these ministries.
· If you received a Volunteer packet prior to the pandemic and completed the process with your local police service but didn’t have a chance to hand in your VSC form to the church office – please do so now.
· If you received a packet but didn’t have a chance to start the process prior to the pandemic please contact Lisa to receive a new Volunteer packet as many processes changed in the last year.
· If you have any questions about EZMC’s Safe Church Policy please contact a member of the Safe Church Committee (Marlow Gingerich, Dana Hyde, Susan Schmitz, or Melanie Wiegand)
We will be printing an updated EZMC Church Family Photo and Address Directory in September 2021.
· If you moved or have a new phone number since the printing of the Church Directory update page (early 2021) and have not given your updated information to the church office, please do so.
· If you were not in the last directory (printed January 2020) but would now like to be included please contact the church office. We would love to see updated photos! Please send to Lisa, preferably in digital form (jpeg) by email at email@example.com. If you have a photo you would like her to scan, make arrangements to drop off and she will return to you. These photos can be casual. If you are submitting a photo please remember that professional photos are subject to copyright so permission would be needed from the photographer to include.
· Deadline to submit is September 8, 2021.
· Please note that we encourage every person or family unit to submit a photo. The gathering restrictions of the last year have reminded us how difficult it is for newer persons to our congregation to get to know people. A picture in a directory helps so much, and is so welcoming! As Lloyd continues to get to know us, and as we anticipate welcoming a new pastor in the Fall, an updated photo directory with pictures of everyone will be a wonderful gift. Thank you so much for your willingness to submit a photo! It is very much appreciated!
Beyond Our Church Community
Gospel Echoes Living Hope Team invites you to join them for an Outdoor Sing. Come hear how God is moving and saving lives inside prison in spite of volunteer visitor restrictions. This event is planned for Friday August 20th at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday August 22nd at 2:30 p.m. at Countryside Mennonite Fellowship. Due to Covid19 guidelines, we recommend you wear a mask whenever you are not seated, and unable to social distance.
For more information call 519-595-7000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday August 21st MEDA Event – Women Empowering Women | Waterloo, ON:
Join us outdoors for an afternoon of dessert, connection, and learning. Please see MEDA’s website for more information and to RSVP. Space is limited, and early registration is encouraged!
Monday September 20th MCC Ontario Annual General Meeting 7 – 8 p.m.
We deeply appreciate your support, and how you are impacting so many lives in Ontario and around the world. Join us on September 20 for our Annual General Meeting (AGM) as we share MCC Ontario’s financial outcomes and a snapshot of our strategic plan progress. Official Congregational Representatives and Delegates who register as such are entitled to vote. Visit mcco.ca/AGM for details.
September 30th – October 2nd, 2021 MCC@100 – Mennonites, Service and the Humanitarian Impulse A Virtual Mennonite Studies Conference at The University of Winnipeg. In 1920, Mennonites in Canada and the U.S. formed Mennonite Central Committee to aid famine-ravaged Mennonite communities in southern Russia (present-day Ukraine). Over the ensuing century, MCC has grown to embrace service in more than 60 countries. This centennial conference presents papers that examine the past, present, and future of MCC. Visit mcco.ca/events to learn more.
As we grieve the growing number of unmarked graves at residential schools across Canada, we are doing a special early release of our first episode of Undercurrents, Season 2. In this episode we talk about the Mennonite church’s participation in the residential school system. We hear from Merle, a former residential school worker who has spent the majority of his adult life working to be accountable for that legacy, and encouraging fellow Christians and settlers to hold themselves accountable, too. Listen to the episode.