Register for in-person worship on Sunday mornings anytime by contacting Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 519-655-6824. Please indicate which Sunday you are registering for and who will be attending with you. If Lisa is unable to take your call, leave a message that includes your name and phone number. Your registration will then be confirmed either by email or phone. Deadline to register each week is Saturday by 10 a.m.
EZMC Building Use for Committee Meetings.
A designated meeting space that allows for physical distancing will be located in the basement. The boardroom and other small rooms are closed for now. Please contact Lisa and book the meeting space to ensure that it is available for use. You will be sent the health and safety protocols before your meeting.
We will be printing an updated EZMC Church Family Photo and Address Directory in September 2021.
· If you moved or have a new phone number since the printing of the Church Directory update page (early 2021) and have not given your updated information to the church office, please do so.
· If you were not in the last directory (printed January 2020) but would now like to be included please contact the church office. We would love to see updated photos! Please send to Lisa, preferably in digital form (jpeg) by email at email@example.com. If you have a photo you would like her to scan, make arrangements to drop off and she will return to you. These photos can be casual. If you are submitting a photo please remember that professional photos are subject to copyright so permission would be needed from the photographer to include.
· Deadline to submit is September 8, 2021.
· Please note that we encourage every person or family unit to submit a photo. The gathering restrictions of the last year have reminded us how difficult it is for newer persons to our congregation to get to know people. A picture in a directory helps so much, and is so welcoming! As Lloyd continues to get to know us, and as we anticipate welcoming a new pastor in the Fall, an updated photo directory with pictures of everyone will be a wonderful gift. Thank you so much for your willingness to submit a photo! It is very much appreciated!
EZMC’s Safe Church Policy requires that all volunteers, who work with vulnerable persons, have a current Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) on file. Thank you to all who volunteer with these ministries.
· If you received a Volunteer packet prior to the pandemic and completed the process with your local police service but didn’t have a chance to hand in your VSC form to the church office – please do so now.
· If you received a packet but didn’t have a chance to start the process prior to the pandemic please contact Lisa to receive a new Volunteer packet as many processes changed in the last year.
· If you have any questions about EZMC’s Safe Church Policy please contact a member of the Safe Church Committee (Marlow Gingerich, Dana Hyde, Susan Schmitz, or Melanie Wiegand)
The 2021 Camp Subsidy Form is now available and you can complete and return to Dawn Zehr either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail (657173 15th line, R.R.#1 Tavistock, ON N0B 2R0). Please note that this year no funds will be sent until camps can confirm their programming depending on Covid-19 restrictions in place. Forms are available by contacting Lisa Suderman either by email at email@example.com or by phone (519-655-6824). Paper copies can be mailed to you if needed. If you have any questions please contact one of the Christian Education Lay Ministers – Bethany Kropf or Dana Hyde.
GRASS TAX – LIVE OUTDOOR CONCERT at Grace United
Friday July 23rd 7 – 8.30 p.m. (Rain date July 30th) Tickets: $20 – must pre-order Tel: 519 655 2151 www.graceunitedtavistock.com email:firstname.lastname@example.org Limited seating – book now
Gospel Echoes Living Hope Team invites you to an evening of worship and testimony. Hear how God is moving and saving lives inside prison in spite of volunteer visitor restrictions. This will be an outdoor event the evenings of July 24 & 25 7 p.m. at Countryside Mennonite Fellowship. Due to Covid19 guidelines, we recommend you wear a mask whenever you are not seated, and unable to social distance.
For more information call 519-595-7000 or email: email@example.com
Raw Carrot soup now available at New Hamburg Thrift Centre
The Raw Carrot is excited to announce that our soup is available for sale at New Hamburg Thrift Centre! As an MCC Ontario program, The Raw Carrot provides a compassionate workplace to people on long term disability. Our healthy soups are handcrafted in small batches, packed with tasty veggies and free of added preservatives. Fresh ingredients are sourced as locally as possible. Our staff are “stirring up” change with their delicious, handcrafted gourmet soup!” Soup can be purchased at MCC Thrift & Gift in Elmira, Thrift on Kent in Kitchener and now at the New Hamburg Thrift Centre.
Mennonite Disaster Service is looking for volunteers. MDS is partnering with Menno Homes on a project to provide affordable housing to a low income family by fixing up a home in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. As COVID restrictions loosen MDS will be looking for local day volunteers to assist with this project. The work includes exterior siding, drywalling, painting, flooring, etc. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Bruce Weber at 519-577-8521.
Grow Hope Niagara
Become a virtual farmer by partnering with CFGB and MCC to sponsor acres through Grow Hope Niagara and raise funds to help hungry people around the world. Your $400 per acre sponsorship can become up to $2000 through government matching. More info at mcco.ca/grow-hope.
You can provide emergency relief in Gaza
Violence continues to escalate in Gaza, Israel, and the West Bank, worsening an already poor humanitarian situation, especially in Gaza. MCC will be working with partners to provide emergency relief to people affected. Your financial support will provide essential support for so many. To donate, go to mcccanada.ca/gaza-relief.