Friday March 5th Announcement Sheet from EZMC Office
The JWalkers met for outdoor fun at the farm of Brian and Heidi Wagler on Saturday Feb 27th.
Thank you to Brian and Heidi for hosting us. It was a great afternoon of sledding, playing in the snow, hot chocolate and doughnuts. We all had a wonderful time.
Hidden Acres’ Spring Seniors Retreat is going VIRTUAL! We are excited to have Marian Wiens share with us about the “Transforming Power of Grief” on Wednesday, March 10. Please see the attached poster or visit www.hiddenacres.ca for more details and for information on how to register.
Thursday March 11th 7 p.m 2021 Bechtel Lecture – . EST: “Blackness, whiteness and the Anabaptist ‘Imagined Community’” Premiering via the Conrad Grebel University College YouTube channel. Featuring a special musical performance by accomplished vintage and classic blues & jazz performer Diana Braithwaite. Speaker: Timothy D. Epp of Redeemer University. To register for the Q&A that follows the lecture, visit bit.ly/38RJDAj. For more information, visit bit.ly/3nVDgjR
March 19th – 21st Virtual Grebel Musical: “Big Fish”: The Conrad Grebel University Student Council, in collaboration with the Grebel Community, presents a production of John August’s musical, Big Fish. A touching Father/Son story about discovery, family and legacy, with fantastical elements, a magical orchestra and dazzling cast, filmed entirely during the COVID-19 pandemic. This production will be livestreamed throughout the weekend of March 19-21, with afternoon show times at 2pm and evening show times at 7pm. Tickets are available to purchase for $10 for individuals and $15 dollars for groups through BookTix.
Raising Funds for Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp
Every February you may remember receiving a friendly shoulder tap, and having a conversation with Merv Ropp, during coffee time inviting you to give to the ministry of Hidden Acres Camp by sponsoring him on his annual Hidden Acres Bowl-a-thon. This February the bowl-a-thon can’t happen but the need for funds remains. Please consider making a donation to Hidden Acres to support the important camp ministry they plan to continue this summer. Hidden Acres (and Merv) thanks you!
You can make a donation by:
· Sending an e-transfer to email@example.com
· Mailing a cheque to: Hidden Acres Camp 1921 Line 37, New Hamburg, ON N3A 4B5
· Dropping off your donation at Merv’s house – 193 Janelle Drive, Tavistock.
Thank you so much for your support!
Mennonite Disaster Service ON in partnership with MennoHomes Inc, Kitchener will be looking for local Waterloo Region area volunteers for a housing renewal project at 24 Mill St, Kitchener. The project primarily involves interior work including insulation, drywall, wood trim, painting and flooring. Expected start is late February, subject to COVID-19 Ministry of Health guidelines.
To volunteer contact Bruce Weber, Project Coordinator at 519-577-8521.
Fraser Lake Camp (Bancroft) is planning 3 Family Camp sessions this year. Family Camp will provide your family a chance to join others in community in a safe, physically-distanced way, with programming for the whole family, individual cabins, and delicious meals. Spend up to a week surrounded by 260 acres of forest, the gentle lapping of Fraser lake, and friends both old and new! Register at fraserlakecamp.com or contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s start to re-connect!
Summer Camp is back at Hidden Acres which means we are looking for fantastic young people to join our staff team. If you are at least 17 years old, enjoy working with children and youth, love being outside and want to serve God and others in a safe, fun and welcoming space, then Hidden Acres is the place! For information and to apply, visit www.hiddenacres.ca. Camper registration begins on February 1st. For details visit https://hiddenacres.ca/programs/summer-camp.
Silver Lake Adventures Day Camps: UPDATED INFORMATION
· Silver Lake Mennonite Camp (www.slmc.ca): Join us for a week of day camp in Waterloo! We will be running seven weeks of camp out of Waterloo North Mennonite Church this summer. The days will include traditional camp activities, such as bracelet-making and active sports, as well as opportunities to explore the area. Your days will be full of active games, nature discoveries, new crafts, and lots of opportunities for downtime to connect with friends, new and old. Our activities will be outdoor and distanced! Please note that August 9-13 will be Teen Camp for campers ages 12-16. We hope to see you there, and we’re thrilled to be bringing the Silver Lake summer camp experience right to your door! Other local options include Kitchener and Floradale. (All programming is COVID-19 dependent and no payment will be collected until we know that camps are running.)
For children Ages 5-15. $235+tax. Click here for Silver Lake Day Camp Details and Registration
· Overnight Camps: Mark your calendars for February 1 @ 7am for the opening of registration for overnight camps at Silver Lake.VisitInformation About Overnight Camps for summer schedule and registration link.
CMU’s Xplore 55+ Enrichment program offers courses exploring dimensions of the Christian faith, our world, and life in it – all without assignments or exams! Eight online courses are offered on Wednesday mornings from March 3 – April 7. Among others, courses include Worship as the People’s Work, Hearing Old Testament Prophets Today, Theological Resistance in Troubled Times: The Compelling Witness of Dietrich Bonhoeffer, and Indigenous Spiritualities and Christianities. Go to www.cmu.ca/xplore for information and to register