Friday March 12th Announcement Sheet from EZMC Office
April bag pick up AND Easter fun
JCET is adding a little fun to Faith@Home pick up this month. On Sunday March 28 from 1-4 p.m, along with picking up April’s bag we will be having an Easter egg hunt outdoors at the church and animal viewing (no touching the animals this year)! Sounds fun right?!
**Due to Covid regulations we Must keep our numbers to 25 at a time so therefore we are creating TIME SLOTS for 30 mins each that we are asking for families to PLEASE adhere to. Time to collect hidden eggs, see an animal to two and get your April bag.
You will need to sign up for time a time slot with Holly Barron via phone call or text at 519-301-1378.
In order to confirm a spot please reach out BEFORE Tues, March 23rd.
Time slots are as follows…
1:00 – 1:30
1:45 – 2:15
2:30 – 3:00
3:15 – 3:45
**Any persons getting out of their vehicles will have to be counted towards our 25 head count.
The 2021 Camp Subsidy Form is now available and you can complete and return to Dawn Zehr either by email (email@example.com) or mail (657173 15th line, R.R.#1 Tavistock, ON N0B 2R0). Please note that this year no funds will be sent until camps can confirm their programming depending on Covid-19 restrictions in place. Forms are available by contacting Lisa Suderman either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (519-655-6824). Paper copies can be mailed to you if needed. If you have any questions please contact one of the Christian Education Lay Ministers – Bethany Kropf or Dana Hyde.
Employment Opportunity at Rockway Mennonite Collegiate: Director of Admissions & Recruitment – Domestic. This is a .80 FTE position effective end of June 2021. Resumés and cover letters can be submitted to email@example.com until Friday, April 2, 2021. Please visit Rockway’s Employment Opportunities page to read the full Job Posting.
Job Posting URL: https://rockway.ca/contact/employment-opportunities/
March 19th – 21st Virtual Grebel Musical: “Big Fish”: The Conrad Grebel University Student Council, in collaboration with the Grebel Community, presents a production of John August’s musical, Big Fish. A touching Father/Son story about discovery, family and legacy, with fantastical elements, a magical orchestra and dazzling cast, filmed entirely during the COVID-19 pandemic. This production will be livestreamed throughout the weekend of March 19-21, with afternoon show times at 2 p.m. and evening show times at 7 p.m. Tickets are available to purchase for $10 for individuals and $15 dollars for groups through BookTix.
Mennonite Disaster Service ON in partnership with MennoHomes Inc, Kitchener will be looking for local Waterloo Region area volunteers for a housing renewal project at 24 Mill St, Kitchener. The project primarily involves interior work including insulation, drywall, wood trim, painting and flooring. Expected start is late February, subject to COVID-19 Ministry of Health guidelines.
To volunteer contact Bruce Weber, Project Coordinator at 519-577-8521.
Raising Funds for Hidden Acres Mennonite Camp
Every February you may remember receiving a friendly shoulder tap, and having a conversation with Merv Ropp, during coffee time inviting you to give to the ministry of Hidden Acres Camp by sponsoring him on his annual Hidden Acres Bowl-a-thon. This February the bowl-a-thon can’t happen but the need for funds remains. Please consider making a donation to Hidden Acres to support the important camp ministry they plan to continue this summer. Hidden Acres (and Merv) thanks you!
You can make a donation by:
· Sending an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Mailing a cheque to: Hidden Acres Camp 1921 Line 37, New Hamburg, ON N3A 4B5
· Dropping off your donation at Merv’s house – 193 Janelle Drive, Tavistock.
Thank you so much for your support!
Fraser Lake Camp (Bancroft) is planning 3 Family Camp sessions this year. Family Camp will provide your family a chance to join others in community in a safe, physically-distanced way, with programming for the whole family, individual cabins, and delicious meals. Spend up to a week surrounded by 260 acres of forest, the gentle lapping of Fraser lake, and friends both old and new! Register at fraserlakecamp.com or contact: email@example.com. Let’s start to re-connect!
Summer Camp is back at Hidden Acres which means we are looking for fantastic young people to join our staff team. If you are at least 17 years old, enjoy working with children and youth, love being outside and want to serve God and others in a safe, fun and welcoming space, then Hidden Acres is the place! For information and to apply, visit www.hiddenacres.ca. Camper registration begins on February 1st. For details visit https://hiddenacres.ca/programs/summer-camp.
Silver Lake Adventures Day Camps: UPDATED INFORMATION
· Silver Lake Mennonite Camp (www.slmc.ca): Join us for a week of day camp in Waterloo! We will be running seven weeks of camp out of Waterloo North Mennonite Church this summer. The days will include traditional camp activities, such as bracelet-making and active sports, as well as opportunities to explore the area. Your days will be full of active games, nature discoveries, new crafts, and lots of opportunities for downtime to connect with friends, new and old. Our activities will be outdoor and distanced! Please note that August 9-13 will be Teen Camp for campers ages 12-16. We hope to see you there, and we’re thrilled to be bringing the Silver Lake summer camp experience right to your door! Other local options include Kitchener and Floradale. (All programming is COVID-19 dependent and no payment will be collected until we know that camps are running.)
For children Ages 5-15. $235+tax. Click here for Silver Lake Day Camp Details and Registration
· Overnight Camps: Mark your calendars for February 1 @ 7am for the opening of registration for overnight camps at Silver Lake.VisitInformation About Overnight Camps for summer schedule and registration link.