Friends link: 300-075 study guide ex200 study guide 300-115 dumps 400-101 pdf sy0-401 pdf jn0-643 dumps 642-737 dumps 210-060 dumps 300-320 exam 300-070 vce 300-075 study guide 400-101 pdf sy0-401 pdf 200-101 vce 200-310 pdf 70-243 exam c_hanaimp151 dumps 300-101 practice test 300-320 exam

History

 

East Zorra Mennonite Church History 1837-2012 175 years

 

The long journey from Lorraine and Alsace of the Swiss-German people “Amish” Mennonists began in the 1820’s. These immigrants were following their desire to settle in a land that offered freedom to worship the God of their faith, desiring to live in peace with all people. Those who came to South Easthope Township in Perth County and East Zorra Township in Oxford County began services and formally organized in 1837. Worship services were held in homes until the first meeting house was built in 1883 with subsequent building projects in 1925, 1951 and 1997. Worship services were held every other Sunday with Sunday School beginning in 1903 and meeting on the off Sunday. In 1933 Worship services and Sunday school began meeting every Sunday.. The language changed at this time from German to English,  although the reason for Sunday School was originally to teach the young the ABC’s of the German language used in preaching. As the numbers grew and the meetinghouse overflowed, sister congregation were added. Cassel Mennonite began in 1935, Tavistock Mennonite in 1942 and Hillcrest Mennonite in 1964.

Kids seeing church replica revealed